US Supreme Court lets White House ballroom work continue amid legal challenge
The US Supreme Court has allowed construction of a planned White House ballroom to continue for now, handing President Donald Trump a temporary legal victory. Chief Justice John Roberts lifted a lower-court order that had required work to stop by midnight. The decision means the project can proceed while the underlying litigation continues in lower courts.The project has been challenged by historical preservation groups, who argue the scale of the White House overhaul requires explicit congressional approval. According to the court filings described in the supporting material, the administration asked the Supreme Court to let it complete both the ballroom... [Continue Reading]
Sponsored
Trump backs White House ballroom project after Supreme Court allows construction to continue
President Donald Trump made multiple posts on Truth Social in the last hour: - "We are grateful for the Decision of the United States Supreme Court. The Military/Ballroom Complex being built on the hallowed grounds of the White House, which is so vital for National Security, will be THE GREATEST OF ITS KIND! It is something that Presidents have wanted for 150 years, and that the Military has been seeking for the last 100 years. Construction is under budget and ahead of schedule. Thank you for your attention to this matter!" - "Ed Martin has been with me from the... [Continue Reading]
Iran executes foreign national over January protest case in Isfahan
Iran has executed a man identified by the judiciary as Qaim Hosseini over his alleged role in anti-government protests in the city of Isfahan in January. The case is linked to unrest at Ali Khani Square on 8 January, where authorities said four security personnel were killed. The judiciary did not disclose Hosseini's nationality, but described him as a foreign national.The judiciary's Mizan news agency said Hosseini was also known by the alias Arian. It said he had confessed to taking part in the protests and had been carrying a cold weapon during the unrest. According to the agency, the... [Continue Reading]
Israel's national security minister shows video of future execution facility for prisoners
Israel's national security minister Itamar Ben Gvir has posted a video showing construction work at what he described as a future execution facility for prisoners. In the video, he said the site will include gallows for carrying out death sentences in Israel. The move adds a new public dimension to a long-running campaign by the far-right minister to expand capital punishment for Palestinians convicted of lethal attacks.The row is linked to legislation approved in March by Israel's parliament at Ben Gvir's initiative. According to the supporting material, the law provides for the death penalty for Palestinians convicted of deadly attacks,... [Continue Reading]
Sponsored
US judge allows Ethiopia TPS termination to proceed
A US federal judge has ruled that the Trump administration can move ahead with ending Temporary Protected Status for Ethiopians, removing the final judicial block to the policy change. The decision affects more than 5,000 people who had been shielded from deportation under the programme. It marks a significant step in the administration's wider effort to end TPS protections for multiple nationalities.US District Judge Brian Murphy gave the government permission on Tuesday to terminate Ethiopia's TPS designation. According to the ruling, the legal protection allows foreign nationals in the United States to remain in the country and apply for work... [Continue Reading]
Iran threatens fresh offensive as US ceasefire talks stall
A senior Iranian official has said Tehran will shift to a fully offensive military posture as efforts to secure a permanent end to the war with the United States stall. The warning comes amid renewed tension over the Strait of Hormuz, a strategic waterway that remains central to the wider dispute. Washington has ruled out extending a temporary ceasefire agreement, leaving the diplomatic track under fresh strain.The official said Iranian entities should be prepared to escalate tensions in the strait and the wider region, and added that Tehran would carry out a timely and precise military attack if diplomacy failed.... [Continue Reading]

